Kabi Nazrul College, in Murarai in the district of Birbhum was established in the year 1985 as lone institute of higher education in such a remote area where the light of proper education has not yet fully reached. It deserves special mention that all sections of people, the haves and the havenots, have rendered yeoman’s service to the construction and development of the institutions situated mainly in a poverty stricken locality where most of the people are steeped in illiteracy, ignorance and superstitions.
The college emerged only with two rooms with a view to education the pupils coming from backward communities and working class people,most of whom were first generations learners. The library was started with just one table, one char and 56 books only. In course of time the library flourished. Now it has a separate room accommodating 14443 books and a small reading room for students. Library management software KOHA is fully operational.
- Book Lending Service
- Reference Service : In this section text books and conventional reference books are kept.. Students and other members can take text or reference books from this section by depositing their ID card for reading and for Xeroxing within the library. These books are not lent out to the users against ID card.
- Photocopy / Xerox facility is available to all users inside the library to copy library materials.
- User Awareness : User Arareness programmes are organised from time to time in the form of ‘Training’ and ‘Demonstration’ Programmes whenever any new service is started or expected to be adopted. Besides these,general guidances on ‘A Guide to the Library’ and ‘How to search OPAC’.
- Electronic Services
- Wi-Fi Internet Service : The Library has recently installed Wi-Fi service for all Student, Staff, Faculty and Other College Members. This service is available 24 X 7 in the entire library area free of cost.
- Online Public Access Catalogue : Online Public Access Catalog (often abbreviated as OPAC or simply library catalog) is an online database of materials held by the Central Library, Kabi Nazrul College. Any member can search the whereabouts and bibliographical details of the resource materials acquired and registered in this library like print books, print journals etc.
- CD/ DVD : In this system we preserve various CD/DVD available with the purchased Hard Copy Books and Magazines, Circular, Order, Notices, and Old Question Papers etc.
- No of Books – 14991
- Printed Magazine and journal – 15
- Newspaper – 2
- Electronic Resources –
- Full text E-resources from N-List
- E-Books from N-list
10 A.M to 4 P.M (Monday to Saturday)