The auspicious inception:
Vastness of the Library
- Total carpet area.
- Total Collection: Near about 16000 (Books & Journals);
- Computerized database:
- Audio visual material (CD/ DVD/Floppy):
- Access: Open access for staff but the students are only allowed to go near the almirah to find their books/ periodicals. We should have to introduce open access for all, in near future.
Services & Achievements of Kabi Nazrul College Library:
1. Library remains open from Monday to Saturday except holidays Saturday. The Library has Reading Room facility for the students. More than 50 students can use the reading room at a time.
2. There is separate reading space for the teachers.
3. Honours' students are allowed to borrow 3 books from the central library while General Course students can borrow 2 books from library at a time.
4. Library has a caution deposit of Rs.100/- only.
5. Reference service and referral services are available for the user.
6. Library management software KOHA has been in use for long time; this provides OPAC facility and locates transaction records easily.
7. Online journals and e-books through N-LIST are accessible for all users.
8. The library provides computer access for Internet surfing/ journal download.
9. The library provides personal care to those users who are preparing for any projects or seminars.
10. The library subscribes to hard copy journals related to competitive examinations. It also provides job information to the 3rd year students or to any interested student.
11. Students’ grievances are solved by the librarian.
12. The digital repository of the library contains previous years’ question papers and syllabus.
13. On recommendation by the concerned departmental teachers the library purchases of new books every year.
14. It provides reading lists to the users as prescribed by the teachers.
15. It updates library rules & regulations that help the library run without any hindrance.
16. The Library Committee comprising the principal, teachers and librarians help to make the library an important part of the students college life and ensures overall progress.
17. Any member of the community may use the library only for reference purposes.
Library in a Nutshell
- Books- 14935
- Print Journals- 10
- E-Journals- Journals from NLIST
- CD/DVDs- 154
- Newspapers: 2